Kanban Board - New UI
Kanban Boards is an extension of Copado Change Management's application designed to optimize your workflow. Kanban Boards allows you to visualize almost any Salesforce record (e.g. User Stories, Sprints, Releases, Opportunity...), sticking to the Agile development concept. Check out this article for more information about Agile methodologies.
A Kanban board view has been renewed to improve the user interface.
How Does It Work?
Kanban Boards is set up within Copado Change Management's application. It offers a visualization of any object and classifies records distributed among different columns. Different records can be filtered to be shown on the board, therefore different boards can be created at the same time.
Kanban Boards allows the possibility of updating records' 'update field' with just a drag & drop action as well as accessing them directly. This extends standard Salesforce functionalities that are not even related to Copado Change Management's application, such as updating opportunities or accounts, or reassigning ownership of records, etc.
How to Set It Up
- Click on New in the Kanban Board object.
- Select an object for your Kanban Board. All standard and custom objects are listed in the dropdown list.
- Fill in the View Name and Description fields.
- Select fields to display. All standard and custom fields of the selected object will be listed in this multi-select drop-down list. You can select as many fields as you want.
- Specify the filter criteria. Only filterable fields are listed in the drop-down list. After selecting the field, a possible operator will be updated. By default, the filter logic is set to “AND”, however you can define your own filter logic such us; “1 AND (2 OR 3)”.
- Specify additional criteria for your Kanban Board. You can use ORDER BY in a SELECT statement to control the order of the query's results. Only sortable fields are listed in Order By dropdown list. Specify whether the results are ordered in ascending (ASC) or descending (DESC) order. Default order is ascending. Order null records at the beginning (NULLS FIRST) or end (NULLS LAST) of the result. By default, null values are sorted first. The default limit is 200.
- The Field to read/update will be used to determine in which column a record is going to appear. This field will be the one updated when dragging and dropping a record in the Kanban Board. This field can be any picklist or lookup field.
- Define the field you want to see in the header of the Kanban card.
- Define the field(s) you want to see in the footer of the Kanban card. You can select a maximum of two fields for the footer.
- Select a field to show as user image. Only User lookup fields are listed in the dropdown list.
- Define the field to adjust the color of Kanban cards.
- Define the field to summarize records by using (Min, Max, Sum and Average) operators. You can add/remove rows.
- Create the query and validate it.
- Click on Create Kanban once the query has been validated.
- Kanban is created and ready for use.
- You can toggle the Kanban cards by clicking on the double up arrow button at the top of the page. It will hide the body of the cards.
- You can refresh the Kanban cards by clicking on the refresh button at the top of the page.
- You can edit the Kanban view. All the configuration will be pre-populated.
- You can create a new Kanban view based on the main object.
- You can switch between views by changing the view from the drop-down list. Default is the main view of your Kanban board.
- You can drag & drop Kanban cards to update the records. Drag can drag the cards only from the header of the Kanban cards.