Deployment Step: Git MetaData
The Git MetaData deployment step lets you deploy contents from a Git commit to an org using the Metadata API.
When this deployment step is executed, Copado retrieves the selected metadata from the Git repository and deploys it to the destination org.
- If the Check Only option is enabled, changes will not be deployed, it will be a validation-only deployment.
- Test Level deploy options:
- No Test Run (no apex test are run unless it is a production deployment).
- Run Specified Tests (only included apex test classes will run, aka fast deploy).
- Run Local Tests (all apex test classes excluding managed packages are run).
- Run All Tests In Org (all apex test classes including managed packages are run).
- Find and Replace in files allows you to find a specific text inside the metadata files using a regular expression for matching and replacing matching pieces with a given text. Use cases for this feature are countless, examples can be found in the Metadata step article.