Version 7.1 - Release Notes
- New validations to enforce Best Practices and naming convention when using CBM Deployment Flows. Follow this link to get more information.
- When using Copado Branch Management with Change Management, Change Management users can now promote and deploy User Stories to sandboxes.
- New "Retrieve Only" checkbox for Commit Files. With this, you will be able to pull OLS/FLS for Profiles and PermissionSets, without having to commit/deploy the original fields or objects. This feature will give you a more granular control over Profiles and PermissionSets in regards Objects, Fields permissions, record Types and page layout assignment. Follow this link to get more information.
- New Git Snapshot Field Set, so you can customize the information displayed in the Git Snapshot record.
- New User Story and Promotion Field Sets, so you can customize the information shown in the User Stories related list on the Promotions, and in the Promotions Edit view. Follow this link to get more information.
- Sharing button on Copado Visualforce pages so you can handle the manual sharing model even for Copado objects that have their layouts overridden. You will find this button available in the following objects: Org Credentials, Deployments, Git Repositories, Org Differences and Snapshot Differences.
- Manage Environmental Variables from a Grid, so you can overview all Environmental Variables in a Deployment Flow in one single grid, boosting your productivity when editing values, creating new variables, etc. Follow this link to get more information.
- URL links to commits and branches, so you can navigate directly from Copado to your Git repository provider.
- Deploying a Process Builder Flow is easier than ever, now will be able to deploy a Flow that is active in the Source Org, and the Flow will be activated automatically in the Destination Org. You can commit an active flow to your repository, and deploy from the commit. Follow this link to get more information.
- Improved troubleshooting in the Manage Branches page. It now has a section with the logs of the latest sync.
- Recommit User Stories: now you can combine metadata selections from one or more User Stories and recommit them again, to quickly add several new changes, or remove unwanted items. If you need to remove unwanted items, make sure you delete the feature branch and reset the head of the Org's branch, before recommitting again.
- CBM validations are implemented by default. You can disable them by checking the "Disable validations" checkbox.
- For Change Management users to "Promote and Deploy" a User Story, the User Story's Project or Release must be linked to an active deployment flow that has assigned a valid Git Repository and a Main Branch. Also, the destination Environment of the Promotion must be a sandbox.
- Edit the Git Snapshot field set in order to include your custom information in the Git Snapshot Visualforce page.
- Edit the Promotion field set in order to include your custom information in the Promotion Visualforce page.
- Edit the User Story field set in order to customize the columns that are shown in the Promotions Visualforce page. Notice the new image with the link that will take you to the User Story.
- Notice that the new sharing buttons will be available depending on your Sharing Settings.
- In the Git Repository, the Branch Base URL is the base url for all your branches (eg. https://github.com/account/repo/tree/)
- In the Git Repository, the Commit Base URL is the base url for all your commits (eg. https://github.com/account/repo/commit/)
- Go to Setup -> Create Objects - > User Story -> User Story Search Layouts and edit User Stories List View, and add the button Recommit User Story.
New Objects and fields: make sure OLS, FLS, Tab Visibility and Layouts are properly set for the following components
- New custom FIelds:
- Deployment Flow -> Disable_Validations__c
- Deployment Flow -> Equal_Branch_Environment_Name__c
- Git Repository -> Branch_Base_URL__c
- Git Repository -> Commit_Base_URL__c
- Git Snapshot -> View_in_Git__c
- Snapshot Commit -> View_in_Git__c
- User Story -> View_in_Git__c
- User Story Commit -> View_in_Git__c
- New Visualforce pages: