Creating a Salesforce Org Credential
Salesforce Org Credentials authenticated via OAuth are stored in the Org Credential object that is accessible via the “Org Credentials” tab.
Below is a video with step by step instructions below it to help you get started.
To create a new Org Credential record add the record a Name and Org Type and press Save.
Then press the “Set OAuth Authentication” button.
You will be asked to enter your Salesforce username and password on the Salesforce login page. Next you will be asked to allow Copado to access your Org. Press Allow.
For custom domains the domain format must be: "https://
You will be redirected to Copado.
IMPORTANT: It is key that the Org where Copado is installed is OAuth authenticated prior to adding other Org Credentials. More information here.
- If the connected Org credential user has access to the Metadata API, a grid showing all the metadata components on that Org will listed.
- If the connected Org credential user doesn't have access to the Metadata API, an empty list will be displayed.
- If the metadata grid stays "loading ..." and never loads, please make sure that your Copado user has CRED permissions on the Push Topic object, either by profile or by Permission set. As from version v6 Copado will show an alert message if the user doesn't have permissions on Push Topic or Copado Notification.
Credentials are validated when the record is saved and every time the Org Credential record is viewed by a user.
Org Credential data is stored using the most restrictive security settings (private and without grant access using hierarchies). System Administrators should keep this data as secure as any other sensitive information in the CRM database.
As from Copado v6, there is a Checkbox field called "Default Credential" which will make the credential the default one for the Promotion process.
Unable to refresh metadata cache. If a message saying "Sending request" stays there and nothing happens do the following:
- Make sure user has CRED permissions on Push Topics and Copado Notification objects.
- On the developer console enter the following query: SELECT Id, Name from Attachment where ParentId = 'ORG_CREDENTIAL_RECORD_ID'
- Delete the Attachment with name: PROGRESS_STATUS_COPADO
- Go back to the Org credential and try to refresh the cache.