Version 5.2 - Kanban boards, Promote releases, Deployment Summary and more
- We are introducing Kanban boards that allows users to create a Kanban for any Salesforce standard or custom object (e.g. User Stories, Projects, Opportunity, Cases, etc.) to easily drag and drop records into respective columns to perform field updates (i.e. moving User Stories to different Sprints). More info here.
- Users now have the ability to define a release that needs to be promoted. When creating a promotion, a user will now be able to select a Release or a Project, when selecting a Release Copado will take all User Stories against that release regardless of the Project and add these to the deployment. More info here.
- New Email Template for Deployments listing all metadata components and result messages. Read upgrade instructions below.
- Whilst not part of our package... we are publishing a Release Calendar on our website, where we are now able to expose to our customers our release schedule. Available information will include General Release availability and beta/preview windows.
- We are introducing a Beta program for the Copado backend API, this means that Users will be able to test new versions of the Copado backend before is General Available. Please contact us to enable this feature on one of your sandboxes.
- As of this version, Quick Actions can be deployed as any other Metadata components within the Copado Metadata step. The Quick Action step was introduced by Copado to fix a metadata API issue, but this is now resolved. We have therefore removed the Quick Actions step type.
To start using the new Email Template for Deployments, locate and edit the Email Alert named: "Deployment Completed email alert" and change the email template with the new one called: "Deployment Result Summary"
New Object and fields, make sure OLS, FLS and Tab Visibility are properly set for the following components.
- New Custom Object: Kanban Board.