How to Create an Org Credential
Adding an Org Credential
To create a new Org Credential record follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Org Credentials tab and click on New.
- Add an Org Name and an Org Type.
- If you don't want the org credential to be validated every time the record is saved or viewed, flag the Disable Validation checkbox.
- If desired, add a test frequency. This will be used to schedule Apex tests.
- Once you are done, click on Save.
- Next, click on Authenticate:
- You will be asked to enter your Salesforce username and password in the Salesforce login page. Next, you will be asked to allow Copado to access your org. Click on Allow.
- For custom domains the domain format must be: "https://.
- If the connected org credential user has access to the Metadata API, a grid showing all the metadata components in that org will be displayed.
- If the connected org credential user doesn't have access to the Metadata API, an empty list will be displayed.
- If the metadata grid stays "loading ..." and never loads, please make sure that your Copado user has CRED permissions on the Push Topic object, either by profile or by permission set.
- Credentials are validated when the record is saved and every time the Org Credential record is viewed by a user unless the Disable Validation checkbox is enabled.
- Org credentials' data is stored using the most restrictive security settings (private and without grant access using hierarchies). System administrators should keep this data as secure as any other sensitive information in the CRM database.
- Copado authenticates your orgs using OAuth, which means that no usernames or passwords are exchanged at all. OAuth tokens can be revoked at any time.
If you are unable to refresh the metadata cache and a message saying Sending request stays there and nothing happens, follow the steps below:
- Make sure the user has CRED permissions on Push Topics and Copado Notification objects.
- On the developer console, enter the following query: SELECT Id, Name from attachment where ParentId = 'ORG_CREDENTIAL_RECORD_ID'.
- Delete the attachment with name: PROGRESS_STATUS_COPADO.
- Go back to the org credential and try to refresh the cache.