You can create Team Dependencies from:
- User Story page Related List.
- Team page.
Types of dependencies:
- Team Dependencies needed for this Team.
- Team Dependencies on this Team.
Create a Team Dependency:
- Click on New Team Dependency.
- On the Dependent Team, select the team requiring the work to be delivered.
- On Deliverable, Provide with short description of the requirements of the work.
- Select the Provider Team, who is going do deliver the work.
You can provide optionally the Dependent User Story and Provider User Story. Whenever you provide them, the record will be shown on the User Story Related List.
Deploying With Dependencies:
Whenever you create a promotion with user stories with uncompleted Dependencies, a warning icon will be shown next to Create Deployment Record.
Missing Dependencies Warning is shown when one of this conditions is accomplished:
- When trying to promote a User Story who has Dependency and User Story Provider has not been promoted.
- User Defined Skip Dependency formula field condition has not been met.
Defining Skip Dependency Condition:
You can design a skip dependency rule. To do so Copado provides custom metadata "Copado Settings" > Team Dependency. Where you can specify the API name of a formula field on the Team Dependency Object. By default Copado Set this to Skip_Dependency__c field.
To create your own Skip Dependency condition:
- Create a formula field on Team Dependency Object with your own criteria.
- Under Settings > Custom Metadata > Copado Settings > Team Dependency replace the text field value with the field API name you defined.
By default, Skip_Dependency__c field has this criteria:
OR( ISPICKVAL( Dependency_Status__c ,'Completed'), ISPICKVAL( Dependency_Status__c ,'Deferred'), ISPICKVAL( Dependency_Status__c ,'Never'))