Git Repository Overview
A Git repository is a storage location where versions of your files can be stored. This could be a hosted location or your own Git server.
Creating a Git Repository Record
The Git Repository Record in Copado stores the relationship between Copado and the Version Control System which you are using. To create a Git repository in Copado follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Git Repositories tab.
- Click on New.
- Give your repository a name.
- Select a source format, Metadata or DX.
- Choose SSH or Https as authentication type.
- Fill in the URI field and any other fields that may be required depending on the authentication type selected in the previous step.
- Select a Git provider. Copado will populate the URL fields based on the provider selected.
- Click on Save:
Copado will automatically perform a validation of your login credentials, and you will see the result of this validation once the page has loaded.