Copado Playgrounds Setup Wizard
To create a playground from the Success community, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Success community and select My Playgrounds from the Help & Training tab:
- You will be taken to the main playground page, where you can see the number of available playgrounds as well as the number of playgrounds that are active or in progress or that have failed:
- Click on New Playground in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Next, click on Create Playground and then on Agree to accept the terms and conditions:
- Give your playground a name and click on Continue:
- Add a username (usually your email) to register for a thirty-day trial org and click on Submit:
- You will receive an email from Salesforce to verify your account:
- Go back to the playground wizard and click on the link Log in with Salesforce:
Your username will be prepopulated. Enter your password and allow Copado access to your org.
- Next, click on Continue to proceed to the next step on the playground wizard:
- Now that you have connected to your trial org, the next step is to connect to your repository. Click on the GitHub icon:
If you have already logged in to GitHub in the same browser, Copado will reuse the session. Otherwise, enter your username and password and sign in:
- Once the connection to GitHub is established, you will see the confirmation screen.
Click on Continue.
- Copado will now perform a couple of actions, such as installing the latest Copado version in your trial org, provisioning licenses, spinning off some sandboxes and creating placeholder records for later:
This process may take some time. In the meantime, you can check the progress of your playground by logging in to the trial org and following the steps below:
- Navigate to Setup > Installed Packages and check if the Copado Deployer package has been installed.
- Go to the Account Summary tab and confirm the number of branch licenses, which should be seven.
- Go to Setup > Sandboxes and take a look at the progress of the creation of your sandboxes.
- Once these actions are completed, all the items on the list will be checked:
- Click on Continue. Copado will ask you to log in to each of the sandboxes and grant it access.
- Once you are done granting OAuth access to all the sandboxes, click on Continue:
- Copado will then finalize the creation of the playground. Click on Continue to navigate to the last screen:
- A message will be displayed to let you know that your playground is ready. Click on Enjoy:
- You can now see an overview of your playground with your Git account, your production org and all your sandboxes:
- Once you are done with the playground setup, log in to your trial org (if you are not logged in already) and navigate to the Pipeline Manager tab to see the current pipeline and confirm all the sandboxes are included in it:
- Finally, log in to GitHub and check if the repository has been created and the org branches for each of the orgs exist in the repository: