How to Create a Snapshot Difference
Creating a Snapshot Difference
To create a snapshot difference follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Snapshot Differences tab and click on New.
- The below screenshot will appear. Fill in the data as required and click on Save.
- Once you have clicked on Save and then on Calculate Differences, Copado will perform a full metadata retrieve/checkout of your source and destination org/commit (*1). Once completed, the differences will appear in the grid (example shown below).
YAML and JSON Differences
If the Snapshot Difference record name contains @yaml or @json, while calculating the differences, all the XML files will be converted to YAML or JSON format. This option reduces in about 50% the calculation time and the attachment file size when compared to the standard XML comparison option.
Example YAML Differences
Example JSON Differences
Creating a Partial Snapshot Difference
When choosing Salesforce org as source, a Partial Selection checkbox will be available. Choosing individual files will allow you to quickly compare only the selected files.
- Make sure that you select Salesforce org as source and destination and select the option Partial Selection.
- Select some files from the grid and click on Save.
- Click on Calculate Differences. Differences, if any, they will be displayed in the same way as a regular snapshot difference.