How to Create a Snapshot Difference
Creating a Snapshot Difference
To create a snapshot difference follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Snapshot Differences tab and click on New.
- Give your difference a name.
- Select the format in which you want the differences to be displayed. The available options are XML, YAML or JSON.
- Select a source and a destination option. It can be a Git commit or a Salesforce org.
- Based on the option you selected in the previous step, select a source and a destination commit or Salesforce org.
- Click on Save:
- Once you have clicked on Save and then on Calculate Differences, Copado will perform a full metadata retrieve/checkout of your source and destination org/commit (*1). Once completed, the differences will appear in the grid (example shown below).
Creating a Partial Snapshot Difference
When choosing Salesforce org as source, a Partial Selection checkbox will be available. Choosing individual files will allow you to quickly compare only the selected files.
- Make sure that you select Salesforce org as source and destination and select the option Partial Selection:
- Select some files from the grid and click on Save.
- Click on Calculate Differences. Differences, if any, they will be displayed in the same way as a regular snapshot difference.