Deploying your work/data
This option will start the Deployment immediately. It will verify that there are enough credits on your account before starting the process to prevent a Deployment from being halted before its end because of lack of credits. Credit validation is performed also during the deployment process.
Before you can start using this feature make sure you configure the following:
- A default workflow user. Configuration / Create / Workflows and Approvals / Settings
- A validated Org record for the org running Copado must be created.
- Clone the workflow rule included in the package called Deployment time:
- Add time-based workflow action for 0 hours after Deployment Date.
- To the time-based actions add the existing field update called: Send deployment command.
- Optionally add the existing Task action called Deployment scheduled in the Immediate Workflow Actions section.
- Make sure the workflow is activated when you are done.
Note: To test that everything is set, schedule a deployment for later and then go to Setup -> Monitoring -> Time-based workflows and you should see your deployment there.
On 19 April 2016 we have updated our backend that will affect all users of Copado (and is not related to your installed version). Previously, a deployment being run by a user different to the Deployment Owner would have used the Owner's OAuth session to update the deployment record. When using Deployment History reports, it would still show up as the Deployment owner having updated the deployment status (thus looking like they had executed the deployment).
With the new update, Copado will honor the running user's OAuth information if available. If not available, the deployment owner's Oauth information is used to update the deployment record. If neither OAuth information is available, the running user's browser session will be used. Remember that, if the browser session expires during long running deployments, Copado will not be able to update the deployment. We therefore recommend that each Copado user creates an Org Credential for their own Copado user.