An epic is a large user story that awaits its decomposition into smaller stories prior to its implementation. Epics are typically stories that are far off on the development horizon, usually lower priority items.
How to Create an Epic
Epics can be created at any time, however, they are usually created prior to a project because they represent broader requirements (e.g. SAP-SFDC integration), but don’t have specifics yet. As the project is created, user stories can be added to the appropriate project.
To create an epic, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Epics tab and click on New.
- Add the desired information and click on Save.
- Epic Ref: Reference number that is automatically populated.
- Epic Title: Add a name to your Epic.
- Epic Details: Add all the relevant information for your epic.
- Created By: This field will be automatically populated with the name of the user who creates the epic and the date it is created.
- Owner: This field includes the name of the user to whom the epic has been assigned.
- Status: This field defines the current status of the epic. You can choose from the following options: Draft, Planned, In Progress and Completed.
- Last Modified By: This field will be automatically populated with the name of the user who has last edited the epic and the date it has been last updated.