Creating a Sprint
- From the Project detail page, click on New Sprint in the Sprint related list.
- Add the desired information in the Sprint Edit page and click on Save.
- From the Sprint detail page, click on the Project link to be redirected to the Project detail page.
- Additionally, you can access existing sprints and create new ones from the Sprints tab in the Copado Change Management application.
As of Copado v9, the Sprints section in CC has a Sprint Wall view that allows you to manage your sprints in a more friendly and agile way. This new view provides very useful information regarding the status of the sprint and a whole picture of its content.
Thanks to the sprint summary, we have now the following information available:
- Actual velocity: Number of story points already completed.
- Planned velocity: Total story points planned for the current sprint.
- Days left: Days left until the end of the sprint.
As of v10, users can define which user story statuses count against the actual velocity of the sprint. A new custom metadata type has been created for this purpose: Copado Settings > Actual Velocity Statuses. This field contains a comma-separated list of statuses which defines what statuses count as completed when displaying the sprint's velocity.
From the gear icon beside the name of the sprint, a drop down menu allows you to select one of the following options:
- View Sprint: This option gives you access to the Sprint details page.
- Edit Sprint: Edit the sprint data.
- All Sprints: List of all the existing sprints.
- Previous Sprint: View of the previous sprint. Copado checks the start and end dates of all the sprints to determine which one is the previous sprint.
In the the top right corner of the Sprint Wall there are several options that will allow you to carry out very useful actions in your sprint.
New User Story: Since not all tasks are the same, this button will open a modal dialog to let you determine the record type of the new item you are creating. The options are Bug, Investigation and User Story. This field is mandatory.
Mass Update: Sometimes you might want to apply the same action to many items in your sprint. The mass update icon will let you save time applying your changes to all the selected user stories.
The fields that you will be able to update through this action are defined in the SprintWall_MassUpdate field set, so you can modify this view with the fields you may consider more relevant for your team.
The sprint view icons
will let you choose to display the user stories list view or the tasks view. The tasks view displays all the user stories of the sprint along with all the tasks related to these user stories. From this view you will able to create new tasks or in-line edit the existing ones.
The user story tasks can be dragged & dropped in order to easily change its status from/to Not Started, In Progress or Completed.
As of v11,the Sprint_Wall_Columns fieldset is added to the Copado application which allows users to define extra columns for the sprint wall.
Chatter: The chatter icon will open the chatter window for the sprint to let your team chat and collaborate adding comments, polls, images, etc. as usual.
Filtering options: You will be able to filter the user stories listed in the sprint wall selecting the filtering criteria fields.
Besides all the actions described above, a few quick actions are available within this view to let you manage the sprint items easily. These actions are the following:
- Column sorting: User stories can be sorted by any column just by clicking on the column header.
- Sprint items order: When user stories are ordered by the first column (number of item), rows can be re-ordered by dragging & dropping them. This will let you manage the user stories list of the sprint so that the more relevant user stories are always displayed first on the list.
- In-line editing: Any user story field displayed in the sprint wall can be edited from that view just by double clicking on the field you want to modify.
- View: The user stories' Name field is a link to the User Story detail page.
More quick actions are also available from the drop-down menu available to the right of every user story:
- Edit: It will display the user story edit window.
- Move to next Sprint: It will move this user story to the next sprint.
- Remove from the Sprint: It will leave the user story sprint field empty, so that the user story goes directly to the backlog.