Blocked Branches and Queue Jobs
We are aware of how difficult it is sometimes to work with branches and avoid conflicts when many users attempt to commit or promote to the same branch at the same time. As of Copado v9.0, the application will handle this concurrence in order to avoid any further conflicts and will display warning messages to the users when they try to carry out an action on a branch at the same time as other users.
This warning messages will appear within several pages in order to let you decide what to do to avoid any unwanted situation when several users are trying to apply changes to the same branch simultaneously.
Page where the warning message might be displayed:
- Git Snapshot: When creating a snapshot of a branch which is currently being updated.
- Git Commit: When you click on this button within the user story page and you are trying to commit to a branch.
- Branch Management: For all the branches where potential conflict actions are currently being running.
- User Story: If the next promotable branch is currently being updated.
- Promotion: If the next promotable branch is currently being updated.
- Deployment: If the next promotable branch is currently being updated.